Galleries - Introduction
From Nikonians Wiki
What is My Nikonians Gallery?
Your Nikonians Gallery is available to you as a member of the Nikonians Community. It is provided for free to our members on a basic membership whereas members on the higher levels have a large space with NEF, DNG and TIFF image storage and collaboration support.
Built for image sharing inside and outside of the community, it also makes for easy sharing and discussing images in the forums, for general feedback or asking for critique and comments.
Who can use the galleries?
Anybody can view pictures in the galleries and we welcome all visitors. Only current members of Nikonians (Basic, Silver, Gold or Platinum status) may upload images or post in the galleries.
For more information about Silver, Gold and Platinum membership, go here.
How to join the galleries
Nikonians Silver, Gold and Platinum members have automatic access to the galleries. You don't need to do anything else to join the gallery. Galleries access is part of the benefits of your paying membership.
What are the limits on gallery use?
Number of images
You can have any number of images in your gallery provided you don't exceed the total storage allocation. The allocation is:
- Basic member: 100 MB
- Silver member: 500 MB
- Gold member: 3 GB, with NEF, TIFF and DNG plus ZIP download and collaboration
- Platinum member: Unlimited, with NEF, TIFF and DNG plus ZIP download and collaboration
Size of images
You can store images at any size. The gallery software will resize your images when displayed "on-the-fly".
The maximum file size is 100 MB per image.
You can combine a number of picture files into a single ZIP file and upload that file at once The ZIP file must be 100 MB or less in size in such a case.
The galleries home page
The galleries home page holds a wealth of information and options for you.
The home page shows links to the members galleries, the various contests (past and present), a random selection of members' pictures, and the most recent photo uploads. It also shows site statistics - how many members, how many pictures and so forth.
The calendar lets you view all the pictures uploaded on a particular date.
The search function lets you call up pictures which match the keyword you enter. It searches picture titles, keywords and locations. So if you enter "Australia" the search will show you all pictures with "Australia" in the title, keywords or location. We encourage all members to make extensive use of keywords. They are very useful when looking for images made with a particular lens, for example; so make sure you enter the image details when uploading or via the Edit function.
The | 1 day | 7 days | 14 days | all | selection will show all pictures uploaded in the specified time frame.
If you are currently logged in to Nikonians (either through the forums or from the home page) then you're also logged in to the galleries.
If you're not already logged in, you can do so by selecting Login at the top right corner of the galleries home page, then enter your Nikonians member username and password.
Near the top of each screen within the galleries are a series of options. This section briefly describes each of the options.
- My Photos takes you to the index of all your own pictures.
- My Albums lets you create and manage albums within your own gallery space. Details here
- My Favorites shows you a list of pictures you have tagged as your own favourites. Details here
- Home takes you to the Nikonians home page
- Galleries Home takes you back to the Galleries home page
- Contest takes you to a page of information concerning the Nikonians photo competitions.
- Help links to this Galleries Guide.
- Search allows you to search for particular pictures by keyword, photographer or in particular galleries. More details [here].
- Profile takes you to a page where you can view or edit your own Nikonians profile, view all the pictures you've uploaded, see what comments you've left for other members, and see some statistics relating to your galley participation.
- Upload Photos allows you to upload pictures to your gallery. Details here
- Login / Logout allows you to log in or out of the system.
By clicking on this link, you are automatically shown the profile as it is stored in the Nikonians.org community. You can only edit your profile from the community My Profile.
If you need more help
Should you need additional help with your gallery, please make sure that you have read our FAQ’s first
If that still didn’t solve your question, post your question in the About Nikonians and Image Galleries forum at Nikonians.org
- This page was last modified on 13 April 2019, at 13:20.
- This page has been accessed 136,371 times.