From Nikonians Wiki
Natural light is light which comes ultimately from the sun, and comes either directly or through diffusion or reflection. Types of natural light include:
- direct sunlight
- north light - blue sky seen in the north (for the northern hemisphere)
- overcast light
- natural ambient light, such as the light seen in shadows, reflected a variety of objects
- sunset and sunrise
- light diffused through foliage
- window light
Each of these has a different colour temperature, ranging from up to 20,000 K for North Light to 2,000 K for sunrise or sunset.
Because of our life-long exposure to it, natural light is the only kind of light which can be always mixed in the image at such extremes without appearing unnatural.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2009, at 15:13.
- This page has been accessed 2,870 times.