Since I started to use a Personal Firewall software I can no longer post, why?
From Nikonians Wiki - FAQs, Photo Glossary, Good Photo Locations, Help
Because your personal firewall or security software blocks our server from writing data to a cookie which is stored on your computer. We need to keep that cookie for our "session management". We take your privacy very seriously and do not use any information for anything else. Please see our Privacy Statement.
Make sure that:
1) You are not using a personal firewall software on your computer. If so, you probably have to change its settings. You must set nikonia.com, nikonian.com, nikonians.com and nikonians.org as trustworthy domains. Depending on your personal firewall, you may need to change different parameters.
Make sure you enable the "REFERRER LOGGING" possibility.
For example in "Norton Internet Security" you probably need to do this:
In the Security Center, do the following: a) Double click on "Privacy Control" b) Click on the "Custom Level" button
Then: c1) Deselect "Enable Browser Privacy"
or at least: c2) Allow "Browser (user-agent)" to be seen.
If you are using a Macintosh with Mac OS X and Netbarrier as your "personal firewall", try this: - Add the URL of Nikonians to the trusted sites - Uncheck "hide computer and browser brand" and "last visited page"
2) You are not accessing Nikonians.org in a browser frame (inside a framed window from another site)
3) You are trying to login from the homepage or the Forums Lobby page: https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php
4) You have cookies enabled in your browser.
If you are using ZONE ALARM:
1. Setup the Trusted Sites (nikonia.com, nikonian.com, nikonians.com & nikonians.org) in IE. (TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > SECURITY > TRUSTED SITES > SITES)
2. Open ZA Pro. Goto FIREWALL tab on the left side of screen... and ZONES tab on top of the screen. Add the same URLs used in TRUSTED SITES for IE here. Make sure they are listed as HOST SITE under Entry Type.
3. You may find that a restart of IE, or a warm-boot, is needed to implement the changes.
- This page was last modified on 9 September 2013, at 08:30.
- This page has been accessed 2,849 times.