From Nikonians Wiki - FAQs, Photo Glossary, Good Photo Locations, Help
This software compilation may help you to get started. It is not complete, nor do we endorse any of the listed programs.
Photo management software helps you organize and typically edit your images to a certain degree. These applications sometime have their origins as editors, or they come from the management side having expanded their editing capabilities. Most if not all support plugins from more or less known vendors, such as NoiseNinja for noise removal.
- ACDSee ($, Mac, Windows)
- Adobe Lightroom ($, Mac, Windows)
- Corel Aftershot Pro ($, Linux, Mac, Windows)
- digiKam (Free, Linux, Mac, Windows)
- MAGIX Photo Manager ($, Windows)
- Nikon Capture NX ($, Mac, Windows)
- PhaseOne CaptureOne Pro ($, Mac, Windows)
- PhotoNinja ($, Mac, Windows)
Advanced editing beyond what is available in the photo management programs. This is the area where you want to use a special application for photo editing.
- Adobe Photoshop ($, Mac, Windows)
- gimp (Free, Linux, Mac, Windows)
There are a few specialists on mass conversion of images, tagging or editing the meta data in other ways.
- Photo Mechanic ($, Mac, Windows)
High Dynamic Range software lets you process your bracketed series of photographs to produce images with a high dynamic range. They often can do some other tricks as well. Some of these are also available as plugins, for e.g. Adobe Lightroom and others.
- Aurora HDR ($, Mac)
- EasyHDR ($, Mac, Windows)
- Google Nik Collection Efex HDR Pro ($, Mac, Windows)
- HDR Projects ($, Mac, Windows)
- Machinery HDR ($, Android, Windows)
- Oloneo HDR engine ($, Windows)
- Photomatix Pro ($, Mac, Windows)
- SNS-HDR (Free "lite" version, $, Windows)
Nikonians utility software
We have some various apps making it easier to interact and share with Nikonians.
This section is for the brave. There are many projects "out there" for Nikon cameras. For example, you can do a search for Nikon on github.
- This page was last modified on 7 March 2016, at 15:11.
- This page has been accessed 7,940 times.