From Nikonians Wiki - FAQs, Photo Glossary, Good Photo Locations, Help
Photojournalism is the discipline of capturing news images photographically, for publication.
The key elements of photojournalism are:
- Newsworthy images
- Supplied rapidly, generally in time for the next edition of the publication for which it is intended
- To the newsdesk or picturedesk in the correct format
- With accurate, trustworthy and complete captions
- And without manipulation
A photojournalist is both a photographer and a journalist, and is therefore bound by the laws and ethics of both professions. In some countries, photojournalists work to a voluntary code, such as the UK's Press Complaints Commission code. Rules regarding the capture of an image may be different from the rules regarding publication. For example, it may be legitimate to capture an image, but subsequently be determined by the Editor or by the courts that it is not legitimate to publish the image.
- This page was last modified on 30 December 2008, at 13:27.
- This page has been accessed 3,861 times.